Sketchnote – Todholm Primary School - Family Learning – January 2020
Todholm Primary has very positive and effective approaches to family learning. Parents, carers and family members are important partners in children’s learning. Sketchnotes provide a visual description of practice and approaches identified by HM Inspectors during scrutiny activities as worth sharing more widely.
Explore this resource
Questions for discussion
Reflecting on your own setting, consider the following:
- To what extent are we sure of what meaningful engagement with families looks like?
- What evidence do we have that family learning is improving the life chances of the families involved?
- Are outcomes for children improving as a result of their participation in family learning? How do we know?
- How can we demonstrate that families are feeling included and that they are participating, achieving and progressing?
- How are we ensuring that provision is responsive to the needs of families?
- How well are families supported in developing strategies which lead to positive relationships, better learning and better behaviour?