Numeracy Professional Learning Resources
Explore this resource
This package of professional learning resources aims to enhance knowledge and understanding of effective learning and teaching progression, whilst impacting positively on numeracy attainment. It includes the following resources:
- Guidance document
- Number and Number Processes
- Fractions, Decimal Fractions and Percentages
- Data and Analysis
- Ideas of Chance and Uncertainty
- Money (New 2022)
These resources, produced as part of the National Improvement Framework, aim to support schools and establishments to identify opportunities for targeted learning and enhance the effective teaching of numeracy concepts and associated skills. They also aim to help practitioners to:
- identify methods for enhancing learners’ progression and skills in numeracy and support application;
- plan how to develop their own practice to ensure the progression of skills when teaching numeracy.
Within each document there is progressive guidance for each level from early through to fourth. Each level includes the following:
- Effective learning and teaching approaches;
- Things to consider;
- Links to other curricular areas;
- Reflective questions.
In addition to supporting practitioners to review and reflect on the current progress of their learners, this resource also supports practitioners to identify development themes required for the reinforcement of learning. Furthermore, this resource can support practitioners to review and reflect strengths and improvement areas within their own professional learning.
School leaders can use this resource to support curriculum development and improvement. Local authority leaders can use this resource to support consideration and enhancement of centrally provided professional learning offers to practitioners.